Friday, April 27, 2012

Bubba's Birthday

Today is Bubba's birthday. Jack had a very special grandmother we want to remember. In the time I knew her, she showed love and servanthood to all of those around her. 

When working on the Oral History of Ed, I discovered some great snapshots. This was my favorite of Bubba. Her real name is Betty Aurelia Rodgers, but she chose "Bubba" to be her grandmother name. The name couldn't have been more opposite than what she was - a sweet tiny thing, not a big redneck Bubba.
 In going through Ed's old books and pictures, I found several scrapbooks. Ed recorded things better than any girl I know...and for that we are thankful to have fun pictures like these. These are pictures from Bubba's 21st birthday!

1 comment:

  1. That is so neat that Ed saved all that...very rare! She is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete