Friday, February 24, 2012

Reading Time

I just finished reading Stephen King's book, 11/22/63 (about JFK's assassination). To complete my reading of this 900 page book, I read a lot in Maggie's playroom while she read. She could read all day long!!! She would sit on the floor in front of me or in her pink chair beside me. But this morning, I walked in to find her reading to Pink Pig.
 At the end of this book, there is a mirror and she even showed Pink Pig the mirror.
 She wouldn't put the book down for a picture, so these are the best I could get:)
 The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle (1969) is one of her favorite books containing her favorite page in all books...the page with, "one piece of chocolate cake, one ice cream cone, one pickle, one slice of Swiss cheese, one slice of salami, one lollipop, one piece of cherry pie, one sausage, one cupcake, and one slice of watermelon."
We have come to find her favorite books have to do with food - Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Green Eggs and Ham, Pinkalicous (Pink Cupcake Book), The Real Story of the Three Little Pigs (about cake and hamburgers:), Blueberries for Sal, and You Are My Little Cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment