Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Quotes from some Books

“Eating and reading are two pleasures that combine admirably.” C.S. Lewis

“I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.” Anne of Green Gables

If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever.
-- Winnie the Pooh


"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" -- Winnie the Pooh

"I have no gift of words, but I speak the truth."
- Rudyard Kipling, The Jungle Book, Mowgli's Brothers

“Crying is all right in its own way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.” - C.S. Lewis

“You would not have called to me unless I had been calling to you," said the Lion.” - The Chronicles of Narnia

“There is such a place as fairyland - but only children can find the way to it. And they do not know that it is fairyland until they have grown so old that they forget the way. Only a few, who remain children at heart, can ever find that fair, lost path again; and blessed are they above mortals. They, and only they, can bring us tidings from that dear country where we once sojourned and from which we must evermore be exiles. The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and story-tellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland.” -- L.M. Montgomery’s, The Story Girl

“I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now...Come further up, come further in!” -- C.S. Lewis, The Last Battle

1 comment: