Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day...Remembering Legacies

As I sit down at 10:45 pm on Mother's Day, I think of how busy these past couple of weeks have been and all we have to do tomorrow as we move into our NEW HOUSE!!!

More importantly I am stopping to process what today means. I think of the legacies left to Maggie...
Nanny Gorveatte (who gives us 4 generations)
Grandma (who Mags is named after)
Granny (who will teach Maggie all things Southern)

Bubba (who is dearly missed)
Nancy/Mia (who will pour magic into our lives)

My mom (who spoils Maggie with fun treats and snacks and lots of love)

I go back to the Bible and look at the "Lineage of Grace"...the women God used to bring Christ to earth. The women God chose to fulfill His Covenant.
Finally, as I rocked Maggie to sleep at 10 pm tonight and feel like a failure for the lack of schedule, all the traveling and dragging her through the moving process, the Lord reminds me that she is HIS. He has given her to us for a short time to raise. We will fail, but I pray first and foremost He will call her His and He will preserve her and she will see the Gospel through our parenting.
Finally, I am thankful for Jack. God has given me a "bookend" to complete my parenting. I love to see him interact and love on Maggie. At the end of the day...THANK YOU, Lord! Thank you for the legacies, thank you for YOUR fatherly love, thank you for your GRACE and MERCY, thank you for the Cross.

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful post of Gods grace and mercy on our lives!! oh HE is so faithful!!! thanks so much for sharing!! have a good day moving into your new house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet post! love the bw photo of maggie with pigtails!

    ReplyDelete