Saturday, October 23, 2010

Macon

"I'M HEADED BACK TO MACON, MIDDLE OF THE GEORGIA PINES...LOOK OUT MACON, HERE I COME." - JAMEY JOHNSON
"With rusty cars and weeping willows,
Keepin watch out in the yard,
Just a snapshot of downhome Dixie,
Could be anywhere you are...

...as I sit here I'm surrounded,
By these priceless memories,
I don't have to think about it,
There's no place I'd rather be" Buddy Jewell
"Back where I come from, where I'll be when its said and done,
I'm proud as anyone, that's where I come from." Kenny Chesney

"I'm gonna live where the green grass grows...
...raise our kids where the good Lord's blessed
Point our rocking chairs towards the west...

...plant our dreams where the peaceful river flows
Where the green grass grows." Tim McGraw

"Lazy yellow moon coming up tonight
Shining through the trees...

...crickets are singing
and the lightning bugs are floating on the breeze...
...across the field where the creek turns back
By the old stump road...

...Im going to take you to a special place
that nobody knows
Baby get ready...
...you and me going fishing in the dark
lying on our backs and counting the stars
where the cool grass grows..." Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
"Georgia, Georgia
The whole day through
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind...

...A song of you
Comes as sweet and clear as moonlight through the pines
Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in the peaceful dreams I see
The road leads back to you...
...just an old sweet song
keeps Georgia on my mind..." Ray Charles

"Rollin' down a backwoods [Georgia] by way
One arm on the wheel
Holdin' my lover with the other
A sweet, soft, Southern thrill...

...White tail buck deer munchin' on clover
Red tail hawk sittin' on a limb
A chubby old groundhog, croakin' bullfrog
Free as the feelin' in the wind...
...Home grown country girl..." Alabama

1 comment: