Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Maggie's Baptism

On Sunday, March 7th, Maggie was baptized at our church, St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, by our pastor Bill Douglas.

As I was up at 4 am preparing for the feast that would follow her baptism, I thought of the picture the Lord was showing me - Jack and I were putting all of this work into having family and friends over for a lunch to rejoice in her baptism. We had relatives come from all over - Macon, Birmingham, Chattanooga. We dressed her in a beautiful white gown. And Maggie has done NOTHING for this.

It was a small picture, to me, of the Lord's work to save me...I did NOTHING to be saved, He chose me out of His great love and mercy.





Our prayer is that the Lord will call her His own. As a mom, it's hard to pray for your child. You want to protect them from any harm and pain they might go through (physically or emotionally), but I know that the Lord has His own special plan for Maggie. So, my prayer is first that she is a chosen child, a child He predestined to be His lovely daughter robed in righteousness. Secondly, I pray the Lord will preserve her through the trials and pain she will endure.



Maggie looked so beautiful in her dress. Clothed in white from head to toe, this is how the Lord sees us - dressed in pure white because of His son.


Thank you to everyone who came to share in this special day. We are encouraged by the Church and know how important it is to have support, encouragement, and prayer from other Believers.

Acts 16:31
They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household."

No comments:

Post a Comment